8/09/2012

awkward and awesome thursday!

Awkward: 
- When people at work date. And you have to watch their displays of affection in the break room and listen into their ridiculous conversations. And secretly wished they didn't work there anymore, just so you didn't have to listen to them.
- Can I also just put people in the break room in general? Because although I can appreciate trying to be social I usually just want to sleep. Me looking at my phone with my head on the table not a hint? Me responding to your conversation with yeah, mhm, I see {a.k.a. another cue that I am barely listening} not strong enough? I'm sorry, I know I'm anti social.
- When you're in the middle of doing your hair or doing your makeup or getting dressed and someone rings the doorbell. And you debate if you should just pretend your not home or answer looking like a mess. I  tend to go with option b, which usually just makes things more awkward because I look like a disaster and I can tell people notice. Yeah the shocked eyes on peoples faces that someone can actually look like that give it away. I try to embrace it.

Awesome: 
- 3 am thunderstorms. So thankful you have decided to return. Actually just rain in general. You have been missed.
- When our kitchen is able to stay clean for more than fifteen minutes. This does not happen often people, like at all.
- Going shopping since what seems like forever. And finding amazing deals. Like a seven dollar midi skirt from Old Navy. Rarely am I able to find items on sale. In the colour I want. In the size I need.
- Watching Cinderella Story. And enjoying it. Am I ten years old? Maybe. But that's okay.
- Orange pekoe tea with milk and sugar.
- Dark chocolate almond milk. And brocoli cheddar bake. And onion and cheese omelet. And all of these things happening in one day. Food has kind of been a big deal this week.
- The smell of laundry detergent

No comments:

Post a Comment